Adult Day Service - Southampton
Over the last decade or so there has been a steady decline in available adult day service places, leaving older people in the community unable to attend day services. The very few remaining day services operating in Southampton are oversubscribed and have lengthy waiting lists.
At 1Care we feel that a day service is an important and integral part of the community, so we have committed our resources to opening our very own day service. We want to reduce the risks of isolation by bringing people together, so that they can meet new friends and take part in a multitude of activities and try new things.
We will also be able to schedule trips to places of interest, accessible with the use of specially adapted minibus. The minibus is also used to drive you directly to the day service from your front door, and back again. Our trained drivers ensure your journey is as safe and relaxed as possible.
The day service is run by qualified staff who will ensure that every visit is pleasurable, interactive and interesting, as we want everyone that visits to look forward to their next visit. Along with providing some extra social interaction and stimulation, our Southampton day service offers a welcome relief for family members and carers,
Our Day Care Service Offers:
- Social StimulationBy meeting new people and enjoying the various interactive activities, this will greatly reduce the negative impact felt through social isolation. You can choose which activities you wish to take part in and the days you would like to attend. The choice is yours.
- Interactive ActivitiesAll the activities we arrange are designed firmly with you in mind. We want everyone to enjoy them, rather than feel obliged to take part. We offer exciting activities such as: use of computers/tablets/mobiles, quizzes, puzzles, memory games, handcrafts, book club, music therapy and more.
- Physical ActivitiesA great way to keep your mind active is to focus on your body, with gentle physical activities such as carpet bowls, movement to music and more. We have our very own Occupational Therapist who will offer range movement classes, keeping you mobile and well exercised.
- Personal GroomingWe recognise how important it is to maintain your hair and nails, which are often difficult to manage at home. We have added a bespoke room to provide Hair Dressing and Podiatry services, allowing us to assist you with any grooming needs you have during your visit.
- RefreshmentsDuring your visit to the day service you will be provided with non-alcoholic drinks of your choice along with a healthy home-cooked lunch. We believe it’s important that everyone visiting is able to eat and drink as frequently as necessary.
- EntertainmentWe all enjoy being entertained, so our day service will be inviting local musicians and singers to the day service to perform some of your favourite genres. You will hopefully know the words, so that you can get into the rhythm!
- Caring CommunityEveryone is welcome to visit the day service, regardless of whether they receive care services from 1Care. We like to work in close partnership with all the local care providers within Southampton, as we believe this builds an essential strong community spirit.