Funding Care Options
When considering care at home and live in care, for yourself or for a loved one, it is important to think about how it will be paid.
There are several ways you can fund your care, however, we would initially recommend that you contact your local adult social services team to find out what funding you may be entitled to. In some cases there may be more than one funding option available to you.
Your entitlement to Social Care funding
Calculating funding to pay for home care services can be a complicated and a daunting prospect, however rest assured we are here to help – its what we do all the time. We are also happy to discuss funding queries face-to-face or over the telephone
To find out if you are eligible to receive care funding or additional benefit entitlement it is important to understand the difference between healthcare and social care needs. The NHS interprets this as follows:
- Healthcare Needs"In general terms it can be said that such a need is one related to the treatment, control or prevention of a disease, illness, injury or disability, and the care or aftercare of a person with these needs (whether or not the tasks involved have to be carried out by a health professional)"
- Social Care Needs"A social care need is one that is focused on providing assistance with activities of daily living, maintaining independence, social interaction, enabling the individual to play a fuller part in society, protecting them in vulnerable situations, helping them to manage complex relationships and (in some circumstances) accessing a care home or other supported accommodation"
Local Authority Visits
If you think you need help with paying for your healthcare or social care funding costs, your Local Authority will need to visit you to carry out two assessments. The first assessment will establish the type of care you need, and the second will be a financial assessment to discern your financial position. They will then be able to tell you if you qualify for state funding
Self-funding Home Care Services
We have many clients who are fortunate to be able to fund for their home care services without the need to obtain social care funding. Before embarking on self-funding we would always recommend a care assessment first to establish the type and amount of care required.
Unique Home Care Retainer Service
We recognise that when people reach a certain age, they are more likely to need some form of home care service, in case they become unwell or less able. If this does occur then it is often quite a challenge to quickly obtain the right level of care and support. 1Care offers a unique retaining service for just such an eventuality.
Once registered with 1Care you will have peace of mind, knowing that you can call one number for an emergency care support package, should the need ever arise.
The service can be put in place for a small monthly charge of £29.99, which works out to less than £1 per day.
You will also receive some additional benefits by joining this service:
- Registered profile with 1Care
- Emergency fall recovery service
- Emergency care planning
- Prompt hospital discharge
- Discounted care rates
- Online shopping discounts
- Access to discounted day care services
To find out more about funding options for you or your loved ones, call 02381 040 040.